Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting surfaces for contact interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izmar

Bioengineer
Aug 23, 2008
US
I created a screw in bone block model. The screw has a helical thread on it's surface and the hole in bone matches the surface of the screw.
I am trying to create a surface to surface contact interaction between the screw and bone but I do not know how to select the "whole surface" of the screw and the corresponding surface inside the hole in the bone block. When I try to select surfaces individually it only selects part of the surface or the thread but not the whole surface and I end up having errors.

Any help is appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can select individually or by angle (ie. tangent propogation). Use the assembly display option to select individual parts as has been suggested to make sure you select only surfaces from individual parts.

corus

Can you just isolate the screw and bone individually and create a surface of the entire screw shaft/thread and of the entire hole/thread? Isolating them, you could just drag a selection block around the whole thing to ensure the selection of all the small, error causing parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back