Selection of Weldolets - MSS-SP97

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolastrojman

Industrial
Jul 17, 2007
AT
Hi,

I have a question regarding the selection of weldolets. Which criteria dictates the selection of weldolet schedule i.e. how to decide which schedule to choose out of available schedules STD/XS/160/XXS.
Is it defined by the wall thickness of run pipe i.e., if run pipe w.t. is schedule STD than the weldolet is also choosen with the same STD schedule or?

I actually have a pipe with w.t. acc. to EN ISO 1127 of 6.3mm, pipe size is DN150. How can I select the proper weldolet schedule for DN25 (1") pipe with wall thickness of 3.2mm.

BR

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Select based on design pressure of the system and the pressure rating of the weldolet.

It is common to bump up the weldolet wall thickness to add mechanical strength in addition to that required for pressure. Typically left as a matter of personal preference, or company practice or specifications.

Try reading the bottom of page 7 of this,
150mm, 6.3mm is just less than STD so go with STD. 1" 3.2 is also close to STD.

You just need to be careful about the branch pipework connection size and normally best to specify the wall thickness you need for the branch pipe butt weld connection.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Be careful what you wish for. Weldolet welds can be quire large and can put a lot of heat in to the header pipe. For low pressure applications a boss could be better.
IMG_1110_zj9ahi.jpg

Hi there,

as per my experience, weldolet thickness should be same as the pipe thickness as specified in piping class. for example
20 in is sch 40
1 in is sch 160

20 in X 1 in weldolet should have sch 40 X sch 160 in its description. you can always accept higher thickness and machine to desired thickness.

i hope this helps.
regards,
hashim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back