Semiconductor equipment Cost of Ownership Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giblet

Industrial
Nov 12, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

Can anyone give me the standard model for calculating Cost of Ownership (COO) for Semiconductor Equipment? I have a rough idea thru common sense, but would like the industry standard, if anyone knows it.

And while I'm on here....Anyone know the correct formula/model for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)?

I need to get it right for a relatively large CAPEX project.

Cheers,

Giblet

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi IRStuff,

Nobody here can give me a straight answer.

We were once a fairly large outfit, with procurement teams and project managers and engineers. Now we have downsized somewhat, and these projects have now come down to guys like me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Giblet

Even if the guys are no longer there, the documents from previous years should still be somewhere in the company. I just think that you're better off using the same rationales that have been previously used, otherwise, any differences between what new stuff you find will generate questions from anyone that remembers a previous approach.

TTFN

Eng-Tips Policies FAQ731-376

Hi IRStuff,

With all due respect, you don't know the company I work for!

I can't find any records. As far as I know I'm the first person here trying to do this properly.

Please bear in mind we haven't bought a piece of Capital Equipment for probably 11 years. And we haven't been asked to provide CoO before (as far as I know).

Incidentally, do you actually know the answer to the question?

Cheers,

Giblet

No, because there is no such thing as a "correct" model.

The people that have their own models will be happy to sell their reports to you for about $3000 a copy.

TTFN

Eng-Tips Policies FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back