Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sepam relay software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfdt

Electrical
Sep 10, 2002
AU
We am looking for relay software to communicate with older version of SEPAM relay type 2025.The software perhaps goes under the name of SFT 2821

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I may still have a copy of this somewhere, but it is of no use to you without the special interface unit that plugs into the 9 pin port on the relay front. You then connect this to your computer using a standard rs232 lead. If you do not use this interface, then you will damage the relay (from experience!). DO NOT CONNECT DIRECTLY TO THE FRONT PORT OF THE RELAY. The software is not really that special, and I do not see any advantage over the hand held programming unit, unless you are wanting to extract fault records. This software will not allow you to program the ladder logic in the cartridge. Also, the computer software will only work after a certain version of spam 2000 series. I have found that if the relay case (behind the plastic door) has a silver anodised finish, it will work, whereas if it has a gold finish it will not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back