Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

seperating sensor from circuitry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKid

Computer
May 26, 2006
US
Hi folks,

I want to drive ultrasonic transducers at 40KHz 3-4 feet away from the transducer drive circuitry itself- is this possible with twisted pair wires? Like-wise I would like to seperate the transducer receivers from their reciver circuitry by about 3 feet and keep the several receiver channels on one board instead of putting them with each transdsucer receiver. Has anyone had experience with seperating the sensor from the drive and reciever circuitry in this way before?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Twisted pair should work o/k for the transmit transducer, but shielded twin microphone cable would be much better.

The receive transducer must be treated like a low level microphone (which it is), so screened twin microphone cable is an absolute necessity.

Ok, thats a start, thanks. Do I also need any line drivers/amps to reduce signal attentuation to the receiver circuitry from the receiver transducer? Even without a line in between the signal is in the millivolt to microvolt region.

GoKid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back