Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Serbian bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1957

Aerospace
Apr 15, 2005
CA
what do you make of this bridge ? It's outside Novi Sad in Serbia, "Bridge of Freedom"

IMG_0094_qpo6ws.jpg

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that that tower on the left is hidden in the trees, but it definitely looks like it is supported by the bridge deck in this picture. It simply cant be that way lol there is no purpose to have a pylon with cables that is supported by the bridge deck.

Question is what do you think about it ?

I'm not sure if you have a specific question...

If you're wondering how it is supported without any piers, they've been photoshopped out of this picture, or maybe hidden by the trees.

I took the first pic, no photoshop.

General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Rb1957:
It is a Cable Stayed Bridge, with the foundation and structure below the tree tops and the bridge deck hidden by the trees.

And when you zoom in you can see the abutment ...

IMG_0094_d2oj6g.jpg

When I zoom in on the picture that you uploaded, this is what I see:

Capture_m0l6cf.png

We don't all have the high quality original. I'm still confused if there was a question?

yes, like I showed. When I looked at the bridge in real life I couldn't see the abutment. Only after I googled pix of the bridge did I see the support, and then zoomed my own pic.

Let's just leave it ... it looked odd when I saw it, I'm glad it was only an illusion.

rakia ... you're a braver man than I (or at least have a stronger stomach).

It's a wonderful part of Europe, but deeply troubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back