Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service pak 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It takes them a few days to get the SPR info out there. At least thats how it has been in the past.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

I had SW hang up on a drawing after installing SP3.0. Quoting from a message from my VAR:
"I did some check and there was some sort of issue with the SP3.0 install (I know, more "Bugs"). That's the bad news... Now for the good news. The fix was very simple. Simple go to add\remove programs and choose SW2004, select change, then repair. Let the system repair the install (with AV off of course). If you could give that a try then let me know the results."

The repair worked. The SP apparently fixed the stacked balloon instability problem.

Prior to SW04 the fix was to do a Reinstall all the time. Now with WI install, we all have this benefit of just doing a repair and it only takes about 5 mintues to do.

So if your in doubt about a problem, try and do a repair on your installation.

And people say there is no benfit to WI installer... I think we can see there is at least one... THere are more but this is a good one.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back