Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting text that doesn't print in drafting workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgrrl

Aerospace
Oct 2, 2006
US
I want to add some text to a dwg that will not print when the dwg is printed. I know I have been able to accomplish this in other CAD programs but I've yet to find a way to do it in Catia.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No way that I know of, other than placing it outside of the print frame.

I'm pretty new to Catia myself, but have you tried this: put the text on a new layer, and then turn that layer off when printing?

Ken

Unless you have something like a "Reference Only" watermark that appears on all the electronic copies, and appears on all the hardcopy prints except the approved ones. We have something like that since we do not sign drawings...anything without the watermark is considered a production print. We have a routine that prints the drawings out with that layer off, no extra work required from the designer except flagging them as approved.

Ken

snowfire,

I know the concept.

HOWEVER, there are certain instances when I would like to leave a note or direction in the dwg that I do not want to print out on the final print.

Hence my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back