Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexasa

Mechanical
Dec 16, 2003
MX
I have a KYOCERA Laser printer. when I go to print I always choice the configuration on A or B size in options and Destination with MS Printer Manager. All is printing OK BUT my border it not shows complete (it shows just a part of it) on the printout sheet.
Funny thing is when I go to print to another Printer, my printout sheet shows completly good.

So, anybody had had smo situation like me and solve?
Please helpme.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Alexasa,

There are 2 ways in which you can band aid your problem. You can to apply offsets for that printer; you will have to play with the X and Y offsets until you find the correct number.
You can move you formats a known distance, which would be the X and Y offsets you determine. I do not recommend this approach due to the fact any existing drawing will not update the new location. This will only work for new drawings; also it will affect your other printer settings when plotting.

I have the same problem on my D size format. The rest are fine. I just apply a small offset to my Y distance for the D size.

Tofflemire

Tofflemire.

It is not failure of centering drawing, my border fix OK into the sheet, is like whether some layers was off.But all layers are switch on, and my option Print "MODEL Tab/with Format" is available.

So, I think that this issue is for configuration printer because if I change to another printer, whith the same size A, is printer OK.

The problem for me is that I don't know how to configure my printer to ProE.

Hi Alexasa,

Sorry, I did not read you post correctly. It maybe a printer driver issue, but I can not say for sure. I do not have the KYOCERA printer.

Tofflemire

I've had the same problem. It has to do with line checking. When you go to file>print, go to configure, then to the model tab, and at the bottom change line checking to 0. The lines should print then. It worked for me. I'm trying to figure out what line checking does and why it screws up my print job.

Sauter.

It works but not at all. The border lines swown completly good. The text attributes like Drawing number, creation date and so on it don't show.
Abuse to your gentleness, do you know some about it?

I have seen this problem in the past with format lines not printing. The solution was to add the option of "plot_scale 0.99" to the plotter pcf file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back