Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shaded Cosmetic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneeyedwitchdoctor

Mechanical
Dec 11, 2007
NO
I have a cylindrical part that is showing a shaded cosmetic thread on the OD. I have tried deleting all my cosmetic threads and it is still there. Has anybody had this problem before?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Which version of SW?

At the top RH corner of the Feature Manager, there should be a pair of chevrons; Click on those and a flyout should appear showing what colours and textures have been applied to which feature.

[cheers]

FYI
I'm still using SW 2005 SP5.0 and I've had the same problem for years. It appears at random, mostly when I have a large assy (>100 parts). I have a Nvidia 4500 which is a top of the line video card and I have always run the correct driver. Never figured it out, just learned to live with it. Do your affected faces sometimes temporarily go back to the correct display as you pass the cursor over it? Mine act this way. Sometimes running a macro to remove all colors assigned to faces will correct it for a while.

Timelord

Im using 2007. I tried removing all the colours/textures that I seen when I clicked the chevron and nothing happened. I cant even apply anything over the top of it. The only way I can get rid of it is to right and do "delete face" then choose "delete and fill.

I have the same problem. I cannot change the texture of a surface that has a cosmetic thread applied to it.

We have a few users here that have been actually cutting threads into the parts. Of course I advised them against this due to system resources. I told them to use a cosmetic thread and just applie a thread texture to the face.. and it doesn't work unless you do delete face, and then it takes away the visual of the cosmetic thread dotted lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back