Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shapes numbering in Catia V5/Structure Design workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clev47

Automotive
Jun 11, 2023
DZ
Hello,

I would like to know how to reset the numbering of newly created shapes in Catia V5/Structure Design workbench.
Even when we are going from scratch on a new product when we create shapes, the number on there names keep going up, resuming from our previous projects.
I know there is a way to set the number, I saw it on a Youtube video years ago, no matter how hard I searched for this video I could not find it, and I forgot how to do it.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After a lot of researches I finally found it using the program "Last changed files".
To set the shape or plate number go to "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DassaultSystemes\CATTemp" and edit the files CATStdShapeExt.txt and CATStdPlateExt.txt
Put the desired number -1.
Ex: if you want the Shape number to be 1, edit the file CATStdShapeExt.txt replacing the number there by "0".

or you restart your CATIA. that way the next created point will have the number in sequence, following the last one present in the tree.

regards,
LWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back