Shared Title Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest0527211403

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2004
CA
Hi Everyone

I'm creating new title blocks for my company, and I'm hoping to make things a bit more efficient so that if we make changes, these can be rolled out across multiple drawing formats easily.

I'd like to maintain a central title block table, and when changes are made to this table they are rolled out automatically to the formats.

In this (old) thread, the OP is asking about doing the same thing I want to do:

However I'm not convinced that having the border as a drawing item (and not an item in the format) is the right way to do things. Users should not be able to select or edit border geometry while in regular edit sheet mode, IMO.

Can anybody recommend a method by which I could make a single title block that drives the TB table in multiple drawing formats? We are creating multiple types of formats (based on the type of drawing), with multiple sheet sizes for each type. Moreover, each format type has a unique title block for the first page, and a simplified title block for every subsequent page.

I've tried using sketch blocks with limited luck. I seem to lose text positioning when I try to apply the block to a new sheet size. That is, the notes in the title block don't maintain their position with respect to the box in which they sit.

I'm using SW 2105 SP4.0

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

justkeepgiviner,

You can insert text from your Custom Properties into your drawing and your title block. This means you can replace your title block, and automatically punch in your metadata.

--
JHG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back