Shear Reinforcement Calculation between walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

amaidj

Civil/Environmental
Jun 27, 2010
IE
Hi,
i have designed Precast wall panel now i need to design horizontal connection of two walls, could anyone suggest me any method or example? i need to follow Eurocode.
Any Example would be great.

Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

it would have been much better to comeup with the example i asked for rather then suggestion.
i know the calculations and i have mine, I only need to double check with any sample or example to be sure which is why i asked but anyways, thanks for ur suggestion!

Perhaps you could provide a sketch to show us what style of connection you're using. There are several possibilities and It would be nice to know which you have in mind before we invest time trying to hunt down some examples for you.

I like to debate structural engineering theory -- a lot. If I challenge you on something, know that I'm doing so because I respect your opinion enough to either change it or adopt it.

the type of connection doesn't matter, its just a calculation of shear strength of concrete cast at different times, now depending upon the strength there i can choose the connection, but i am looking if someone has done such detail/calculation before so to share, as what i am confusion is; i need to be sure and compare my calcs with either any example as am developing connection types suggestion according to Force magnitude at the joint.

OP said:
the type of connection doesn't matter

It matters if your a responder to this post and you feel that your time has value. You think that we're dying to spend half an hour digging up an example of a weld plate connection for you only to find out that you really need a grouted dowel connection?

OP said:
i know the calculations and i have mine

You obviously did your calculations assuming some kind of connection. Is it really so burdensome for you to simply share that with us so that we can help you effectively?

OP said:
its just a calculation of shear strength of concrete cast at different times,

This makes little sense to me. A field connection between precast elements should be predominantly about the capacity of the local connections evaluated at whatever concrete strength is applicable given the timing of the anticipated loads,

I like to debate structural engineering theory -- a lot. If I challenge you on something, know that I'm doing so because I respect your opinion enough to either change it or adopt it.

Things are not that complicated, its simple concrete connection, now this concrete connection has several types but it doesnt matter because once u have calculated capacities u can decide which type you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back