Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sheet metal object from 3d reference lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo0z

Industrial
Nov 22, 2010
US
Hi,
Thanks for taking a look at my post. I'm trying to create a sheet metal bottom for an object I've drawn. I'm not sure how to go about it so that SW will let me "flatten" the sheet metal bottom. If you open the attached part, the bottom will need to cover the entire open portion of the lower radius/curved shape. What is drawn is basically just reference geometry. I don't know how to draw the part I need, I only know how to draw the opposite of it :) So far, I've been trying to use the "convert entities, and "create sketch from selection" commands with no success. I'm thinking I'm taking the wrong approach. The one thing I'm sure of about SW and sheet metal is there are a dozen ways to draw it, but only one way that lets you unfold it!
If you could please take a minute and let me know a specific way of accomplishing this, I would really appreciate it.

-Dan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back