Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sheet metal tutorial 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just want to know whether a sheet metal tutorial is available or not,as I have just started to deal with sheet metal. I would be pleased if you can send me any documents regarding the sheet metal modeling in Pro-E to the following e-mail;

ozandincel@yahoo.co.uk

Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks in advance,

ozan

I came upon a tutorial on Sheetmetal in Wildfire 2.0 that you might be interested in seeing as well

You may need to print it out just so you can sort out the instructions & the figures. It literally takes me 1/4 of the time I used to spend to design components in Sheetmetal using WF2. Its getting harder and harder to work on sheetmtal in 2001! (usually our customers' requirements) ;-)

[thumbsup2]

-Mark

(P.S... 2 more links to tutorials on the same site [smile]
)

Ozandincel,

We all know how tutorials are sometimes. Alot of time and effort wasted trying to find simple answers to simple questions. If there is sometihng you need answered quickly, or something you cannot find in the tutorial, just ask.

I agree with RGS1. Just ask. I have 10 years of nothing but sheetmetal experience and I'd be glad to help.

I have a question regarding sheet metal. I'm trying to bend half the edge of a piece of sheetmetal so that half of the edge is bent, then there is a transitional bit the the edge becomes straight. I know that I am supposed to use Bend Angle w/Transition but i can't seem to get it to work - i always get the message 'unable to construct feature geometry'. If anyone can shed some light on this i would be very greatful.

Thanks

hi, frends,

what is the procedure of 3d drawing in wf 2.0. i did a serch in wf 2.0 online help, but, unbelivable, there is not even one item to match. Please help.

hc.

3D drawings in WF2 are created using the Annotation feature.

You need to create an Annotation feature, make a new Driven dimension, select a plane on which the annotation will lie, indicate the "front" of the plane, and then create the dimension.

As of now, this feature has some very limited functionality. You can't reorient text yet. PTC's solution is to create a new coordinate system rotated about the original Coordinate system, create planes through this coordinate system and place the text on those planes.

Also, the dimensions in Annotation features are only Driven. But, you can edit the dimension text, erase the &D and replace it with &O (O for override) and then indicate the dimension's symbol (e.g. &d45 ). This should let you change the parameter, and hence have a driving dimension.

PTC says they plan to fix these things in future releases.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back