Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheet size

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnab

Automotive
May 1, 2006
US
Looks like i'm facing difficulties since started using v5 after some time.

I'm using A0 Size sheet size for dwg & due to extensive detail dwg, I crossed the limit of sheet size.

One way, I can see to reduce the size of view that I don't want to do so any other suggestion?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the sheet size is not important you can turn the display off or you can change the size of the sheet.

Contextual menu sheet 1 --> properties.
Display toggle
or
Change the name of the sheet, press tab and voila?

Regards,
Derek

Do you have formats larger than A0?

If not, you can always add a second sheet, and then cut&paste some of the views from Sheet1 to Sheet2.

I able to turn off the Display but when I save as .pdf, I lost many content.(!0 was the sheet size & due to many details I need more space)

Does someone have solution?

As derek suggested you can change your sheet size to what ever you need.

To do this RC over SHEET.1 go to properties, change the format name and then hit your TAB key, you now are able to change the "width" and "height" of your sheet.

I have only limited format available (max size is A0 format) but don't see any custom format available?

Can you tell me how to customize sheet format?

johnab:

In your drafting page RC over the label "SHEET.1"
in the properties page you can change your sheet size as explained in the above response.

Do not change your sheet size by the drop down box, just change the name manually, then hit your tab button (do not hit enter at this time or it will close your property page)
You should then see the "width: and "Lenght" boxs turn white.Here is where you can change your paper size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back