Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheetmetal drawings: Multiple instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tydguy

Mechanical
May 2, 2006
CA
Hi,

I am new to Pro/E and am trying to create a simple sheetmetal drawing including both the formed and flattened instances of the part. Do you have to create a separate model for each bend state you want to view or is it possible to have all the necessary information in a single part file, then have views reference different instances? Thanks for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Simple,

1) Create the sheet metal part in the formed state. This includes all the bends and cuts.

2) Select SET-UP/SHEETMETAL/FLAT STATE and make a flat pattern. This creates an instance, so just give it a name similar to the formed part. If the formed part is called "PART_123.prt", then call the flat state "PART_123_FLAT.prt", as an example.

3) Create a drawing, and select to include the "PART_123.prt", and add a view. Then select to add the "PART_123_FLAT.prt"model, and add this view as well.

4) The rest is like any other Pro/E drawing.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks! I am more familiar with Solidworks and was looking for something similar to 'configurations' in SW. I like that all the features and changes to those features remain in one model. I was hoping Pro/E would work the same way. This will work fine for what I need though. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back