Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheetmetal forming tools and the forum search tool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimijames

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2002
US
I have 2 unrelated questions:
1) When trying to drop a forming tool from our network directory onto a sheetmetal part, SW asks "Do you want to make a derived part?" instead of adding a form to the part. It happens with all of our forms on the network, but the tools provided in the SW install directory work fine. Windows XP/SW2007.

2) I first tried to do a keyword search in this forum so as not to repeat a previously answered post. However, there were no hits on anything I typed in... even the word "design". Surely the word "design" has got to be in at least one post somewhere is a design forum :eek:)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1) RMB on the Forming Tools folder in the Design Library and select Forming Tools Folder.

2) Use the Google search at the top centre of this page.
Also see thread559-188193

[cheers]

Hey I have run into this same problem recently. I can't figure out what to do about it at all. The form tool I made worked perfectly once, then before I saved the part solidworks crashed, (my machines fault) and somehow, all of the library features say this now, mine and the default ones. Tried restarting and redoing everything, no luck, so this is not much of an answer, more of a commiseration.

I've been having a similar problem, only I can't follow your advice because there IS no longer any "Forming Tools" folder in the design library. All I see is:

Toolbox
3D ContentCentral
Solidworks Content

But then, this machine has been acting pretty strangely the past several days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back