Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger Hydraulic Tube Puller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahsanb

Materials
May 31, 2013
PK
Hi,

Our company is trying to setup a heat exchanger retubing facility at our site. Over the next few years we intend to re-tube heat exchangers with tubes in the size range of 1/2" to 1". I am developing a technical SOW for bidding purposes for a Electrically operated Hydraulic Tube Puller system. I already have a few key deliverable chalked up. Request the experts for their comments on what are some of the key technical deliverable that must be included in the bidding document.

I would also appreciate if based on experience the experts can share some of the most reliable manufactures for these kind of equipment in Eurpoe & North America as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Good luck. An immense amount of know-how (i.e., experienced, skilled people) will be required in addition to the tools and facilities.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

The best people in the US doing this work are RETUBECO.
Perhaps you can purchase technology and tools from them?
They make nearly all of their own tooling for pulling tubes.
There is a lot of specialized tooling and methods.
Making and testing tube expansion mock-ups
Tube cutting
Breaking tubes loose
Tube extraction
Tube disposal
Tubesheet cleaning/inspection/repair
Support plate cleaning/inspection
Tube insertion
Tube rolling
Tube end welding (seal or strength)
And of course the scheduling and QA on each of these operations.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy

Dear Sahsanb
Great equiry regarding tube puller, we have same requirement too , at least for special tool to pull different tube bundles, at the moment we have call of contract with ex company to do whatever the requied action but there in no cost savings.. I appreciate if someone can shared equipment/ tool used for pulling tube.

Dear Ed

Excellent explanation for scope of work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back