Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shift Right Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcox

Structural
Jul 16, 2002
US
We were just upgraded to 2004. I have a four button mouse, and the thumb button use to be customized to give a pop up menu of osnap settings while drawing. I know that Shift right click will do the same thing, but I'm a creature of habit. Is there a setting in autocad that will turn this feature on. It seems that I had this problem during the last upgrade, but I can't remember how I finally resolved it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi creature of habit, [wink]

Do You have the right driver?

I'm not a mnu-expert, but I think You have to edit the file.
Save the old acad.mnu. You find the mouse-system inside the acad.mnu. Here's mine:

//
// Begin System Pointing Device Menus
//
***AUX1
// Simple button
// if a grip is hot bring up the Grips Cursor Menu (POP 500), else send a carriage return
// If the SHORTCUTMENU sysvar is not 0 the first item (for button 1, the "right button")
// is NOT USED.
$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,5),GRIP_),$P0=ACAD.GRIPS $P0=*);
$P0=SNAP $p0=*
^C^C
^B
^O
^G
^D
^E
^T

***AUX2
// Shift + button
$P0=SNAP $p0=*
$P0=SNAP $p0=*

***AUX3
// Control + button
$P0=SNAP $p0=*

***AUX4
// Control + shift + button
$P0=SNAP $p0=*

I'm not sure, but do You have "***AUX5"?

More informations about acad.mnu:

Regards, Lothar

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

Thanks for your help. I can never quite figure out how our IT guy saves and adds things to our computers. I've still have some old R14 support files in my hard drive. I'm always scared to ask what they are, for fear of creating a new problem and then having to wait 2-3 days for him to get time too look at my computer again if it isn't actually on fire. I did find a fairly simple work around on autdesks web site. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back