Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ship/FPSO hot water system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasrun

Marine/Ocean
Jul 31, 2009
GB
Hi there,

I have a doubt on a design of hot water system in all my FPSO projects. My concerned here is on the hot water circulating pump that has been rated at only 8mLc while my hydrophore was rated at 60mLc. My problem here is the system actually joined together before both cold water & hot water circulate from consumers been heated up inside calorifier that been separated by check valve.

So, my concerned is how the circulated hot water can be charged to the line while the line is operating at 60mLc.

Could anybody give me some idea on how the system works & idea to has a perfect system.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you have just confused the function of the pumps, the only duty of the circ pump is to circulate hot water around the circuit and heater, so that when someone in the accommodation turns a tap there is no delay in warm water flowing, so 8m3/h is plenty, when water is actually used the hydrophore supplies that and that should be rated appropriately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back