short signal length capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanSmith

Automotive
Feb 8, 2010
US
Hi all,

I need to capture some very short signal length IO, like clicker wrenches, and such...in the past I've seen AB has some signal stretcher that holds the signal on for 10-100ms. What are some options that Siemens offering, hardware and software.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have the details yet, so I don't know the amplitude. The main concern I have since these signals (from simple tools) are short, the master PLC far away would not be able capture those. So I'm thinking we can use ET200M, ET200S or ET200Pro PLC to capture and set these signals, then use the main PLC to reset those. Or we can use signal stretcher. Does Siemens offer signal stretcher ? What are some other alternative design you can think of ?

If amplitude is OK but signal is short, then a simple diode and a capacitor will often suffice to stretch the width of the pulse.

If amplitude is low, then an adjustable voltage comparator can be used to catch the pulse. Carlo Gavazzi and Phoenix are likely to have such devices. Some of them may even have the needed pulse elongation timer built-in.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back