Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcut Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberferrer99

Computer
Dec 7, 2006
US
I am trying to figure out how to create keyboard shortcuts for basic commands such as drawing a Line, a rectangle, erasing, trimming etc. (i.e. "L" toggling "draw Smartline")

The closest I've been to this is creating them under Accudraw shortcuts but a lot of them have conflicts. with the default shortcuts.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

roberferrer99,
Follow me, Click on workspace>Fubnction keys..
This will allow you to set 48 seperate keys. Use the key-in window to help set the commands, this is old school way we used to do it.
Regards,
Namdac

Actually, you can have virtually unlimited commands using the function keys.
Simply by making a few command files {each with different commands that you would want to use} then dedicate 1 or 2 function keys {with the shift/ctrl/alt that's up to 6 different command files} for switching between those files. Of course, you might want to map all those lovely commands and print it out so you remember what's what.

{Just posted this in another thread too. It's one of my favorite aspects of MS!}

For an exciting SciFi/Fantasy anthology by new author Matt "Dra'Gon" Stohler, go to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back