Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Shortcut or tips to creating isometric views time and time again 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinnamongirl

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2011
US
I often find myself creating isometric views other than the standard one, usually to show part details in different orientations. To do this I have to constantly go back to Tools > Options, click View and change the Arrow keys setting by typing either 45° or 35.264°.

This is starting to get old for me. Does anyone know of a more efficient way to do this?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you need them a specific degree or would rotating the model to the position you need do? If so then in the part or assembly; space bar then save and name a new view, you can then select this view in a drawing as well.

Thanks for the replies.

What I was trying to achieve was a way to quickly set up true isometric projections (45° along vertical axis and 35.264° along horizontal axis).

I found the solution right under my nose. In the part or assembly, after hitting the space bar turn on the "View Selector" (cube icon on upper right hand side of pop-up menu, available on SW 2013 and later). The tool will give you the option to select among the eight possible isometric angles by clicking on the corners.

I rarely use the standard isometric views. I use the dynamic rotate view and rotate the view until what I'm wanting to show, shows best.

David
Connect with me on LinkedIn. Quote: "If it ain't broke, I must not've fixed it good enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back