Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianRo

Automotive
Dec 30, 2002
RO
How can I costumize my menus (Introducing shortcuts) for commands included in modeling module for UG V18.0.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most of the commands are available as icons from the ug_modeling.tbr file. You can customize this file directly from within UG by going to Tools->Customize. be sure that yopu are in the Application that you want to customize the tolbars for. By default, UG has some commonly used icons turned off. I always recommend that each user look at the toolbars and customize them for the type of work they do.
Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Hi AdrianRo,

First thing I must say is I agree with Ben, in that it is definately a good idea to go through and customize your toolbar to maximize your efficiency.

I have customized my toolbar in a slightly more complex way (unnecessary I know) but I wanted to get the most space in the graphics area so as not be constantly zooming in & out, especially when doing drafting.

I have basically created my own toolbar file (.tbr) This uses the combo-pulldown feature, I have shown a basic section of the file. This would create a first column, you would just repeat with different BUTTON/LABEL/BITMAP commands for additional columns

!
! Unigraphics Body Design Toolbar
!
!
!

TITLE UG 18.0.03 - Modeling ! Created by Dave 06 SEP 2002

VERSION 160

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEGIN_DROPDOWN Application
COLUMN_DROPDOWN 1

BUTTON UG_APP_MODELING
LABEL Modeling
BITMAP appl_modeling.bmp

BUTTON UG_APP_DRAFTING
LABEL Drafting
BITMAP appl_drafting.bmp

END_DROPDOWN

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This gives me a single toolbar for modeling ( I have another for drafting). You can get the commands for each button by looking in the directory on your system and see the relavant .tbr files

The added benefit I really like about this is that when you accidently grab a toolbar and move it(or someone hits the toolbar reset), it sometimes can be annoying trying to get them back into place. This is so simple to work with. It only has one obvious quirk and that is the only one icon of each column you create is visible at one time, or the last icon used. After an icon is selected the pulldown pops up.

Yes I do know that you cannot always see every icon as usual but if you are a constant user like myself it will only take a short time to remember where things usually are.

I hope this might prove of some interest at least.

[upsidedown]

Best Regards

Dave

I want to thank you all for the advices, but as you know, for a lot of models are used many times for creation a few tipes of features (like Extrude, Revolve, Sweep, Taper, Edge Blend, etc.). For improve my eficiency I think thet is helpfull to create a number of shortcuts to call these fetures directly from keyboard. I studied a little bit and I found a way for do this. I used ACCELERATORS in the ug_maim.men, ug_modeling.men, and oters meanu files.

Best Regards,
[smile]
Adi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back