Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show/hide Dimensions in drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomLoughlin

Military
Mar 14, 2014
GB
Morning all,

I have a vague recollection when first starting out on NX6 4 years ago that there was functionality similar to ProE's show/hide dims command to display dimensions used to model a component in the drawing environment.

I have found out how it works in NX9 for a single feature, but can't make it detail an entire component.

Am I imagining things, or is there a way of doing it - to save having to manually dimension the drawing having already done it all once when modelling the component?

Cheers

Tom

Contract Mechanical Design Engineer.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Kapil,
It's not individual features I was meaning - I was after a whole component - a machined block for instance. Once fully dimensioned in the model, those same dimensions can simply be shown in the drawing rather than having to put all them in manually (after already having done them once whilst modelling).

I'm sure it could be done somehow in NX6, but can't remember how.

Other than 'Feature Parameters' John, what would be your suggested method of inheriting the dims - Feature parameters are kind of what I'm after, but they are a bit hit and miss (only some features are available) so it's not really what I'm after.

It's a very handy feature from ProE and I'm sure there is a better way than feature parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back