Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show weld detail on Ansys

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat84

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2007
GB
Dear Frnds,

Please can someone tell me as how can I show the weld detail on ansys
example:-
Nozzle is welded to pressure vessel. Please can someone show me as how can I show on ansys.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear

Don't know if i understand your question wright.
You need to model the weld, to show it.
If you are doing a pressure vessel analysis and now want more detail on a nozzle try to use sub-modeling methodes.

Hope this helps
Garry

can I show fillet weld on the imported solid edge model ?

I am using ansys workbench 10. I know I can show spot weld in simulation part but fillet ??
---------------------------------------------------------

Below is the summary of my steps
1) I have design the model in 'Solid edge' showing the fillet weld connection of pressure vesel to nozzle.
2) Imported the model as (name.iges) in design modeler.
3) Once imported it shows as 3 parts, 3 bodies imported but anysy does nt recognize weld as fillet weld ?

I tried browing through design modeler but it only shows spot weld (ansys workbench 10)

Hi

Oke, If you model the 3d welds in SolidEdge or in DS there should be no problem, Workbench will import them.
Spot weld in WB is way off letting WB know that at that lokation the must be nodes.
If you model a wled in Solid Edge is it Geometrically generated or is it just grafically?

You have to model the welds 3d in Solid Edge en import them to WB.

Garry

Hi
it will be more suitable if you draw your model in Ansys so that you can show the weld detail

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back