Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens 611U 799 fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleySmith

Electrical
Jun 4, 2005
US
Hi everybody,

I'm using an 2-axis system, p/n 6SN1118-1NH01-0AA0, controlled via profibus, p/n 6SN1114-0NB00-0AA2, by a 315DP PLC. The customer told us they keep getting A799 fault almost daily. I wrote some logic that allows the operators to re-reference the servo position (parameter 175) via the HMI which then requires a power on reset. This condition can occur when the servo spins but the belt slips. I have the servo motor attached to a linear slide in my application. To my understanding, A799 faults occur when the parameters were recalculated. My theory for this 799 fault occurs almost daily is that maybe under the mechanics weren't configured correctly; therefore after the servo spins for a while, it loses its position; for example, it thinks it's at position A, but its actually not. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated...
P.S. about mechanics configuration, I'm using absolute encoder, 2048 encoder pulses/rev, gear ratio: 2/1 and under spindle pitch, I entered the circumference value of the linear slide. The wheel pich dia. is 1.191" = 30.2514 mm x pi = 95mm. Did I get the mechanics right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back