Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemen's booklet "How to Read German Schematic Diagrams for Industrial 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddons

Electrical
Nov 1, 2006
US
Can anyone tell me where I can get a clean copy of this old booklet. I am trying to set up a training course and this would cover a lot of material without me having to write every bit of it.

Don Spiker

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am afraid that this hit isn't the book itself but a reference to the title only.

There has been a major revision in the European drawing standards and if I remember right, the "How to read..." book had the old symbols (those with little circles for the contacts instead of just line ends) and that may make the book less suitable if you want to teach how to read modern diagrams. I have used the "Schalten, Steuern, Schützen ..." book from Siemens for that purpose (teaching US guys) and I am almost sure I had it in English at that time. But can't find it any more. Ask your nearest Siemens office. They are usually very helpful guys.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

skogs,

Maybe Siemens have good customer service in your part of the world, but in the US, my experience has not been so good, sorry to say. They just never seem to get their act together here.

Interesting comment dpc. I am being recruited for a position with Siemens USA right now, specifically in the Controls group. In my discussions with them I think they realize they need the help, they say they have had a difficult time finding people...

Ddons,
I had one of those guides from Klockner Moeller years ago and tried to find an electronic version last year, no luck either. If I get the job at Siemens I'll poke around inside and post a link to anyting I find.

JRaef.com
"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems." Scott Adams
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Siemens did ( may still ) publish a book called the Switchgear Handbook" It was a small grey book about 5" x 8". I got my copy from Siemen for about $25. I have been looking for a reference on the web and have not been able to find on. I know it exist because I have one.
Ddons, I think it may have a lot of what you want. It's worth getting never the less.
As has been noted above Seimens may not know they have it. I called the same place that sells the "Transmission and Distribution Data Book" to get mine.

sed2,
Yes it will be for SEA, but I would not be in Alpharetta, it is a West Coast position. Email me through my website if you want details.

JRaef.com
"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems." Scott Adams
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back