Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens MasterDrive on ProfiBus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia1803

Electrical
Nov 13, 2002
BE
Hello,

In my latest project I have to control a Siemens masterdrive over profibus. The drive workes in a closed loop speed control. I give it a velocity setpoint, and the motor has to follow it. I have reached the point that I can enable the drive (using a standard message, no PKW), but when I give is a certain velocity, the head is not spinning at all. Does anyone have any experience on that subject?

Some other info:
- PLC: S7-300 (316-2DP)
- drive: master drive, motion control compact plus (AC-AC)
- encoder: 2-pole resolver
- communication bord: CBP2 Profibus interface card

The drive and motor have already worked by means of the digital and analog I/O terminals on the masterdrive. My guess is that I have overseen a parameter in the drive.

Any tips or remarks are welcome.

Bert Mahieu
PIB, Belgium

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From what i recall there are some bits in the control word that should be forced.

so: if you send the control word from MW116 then:
M117.0 is the start (=1) stop (=0)
M116.2 has to be 1 in order to start the drive

now if the speed setpoint is sent correctly(there is a parameter where you can read it) the drive should run

If the drive starts (drive clicks a relay inside and the display shows 0000) and does not turn the speed is not sent correctly
best regards.
Eugen

Hi,

The drive is working for 2 weeks now. There is a standard message you can send to the drive. The message is:

first you send 9C7E(hex) as controlword to the drive. That gives the drive the nessacery "ready to go signals"
then zoy send 9C7F(hex) to the drive and that enables the drive.
Then, when you send a setpoint, the motor should spin.

Thanks for replying anyway!!
I have antoher question though...
When I enable the drive, the DC-Bus voltage (545V) is put on the output terminals of the brake resistor.
Any ID how that is possible?

Thanks in advance

Bert Mahieu
PIB, Belgium

1. Sorry i did not see that the message was so old :).
2. The previous message was for the profibus connection using PKW. again sorry.( The exemple was from a PLC 315-2DP and MWxxx was just an example).
3.DC Link is not supposed to be connected to a break resistor. DC link is for connection of 2 or more drives together using the same Power supply. For dynamic breaking there is a special module ( more many )to be connected to the DC link.
3.There is ,however, a limited breaking capability for this drive.

Best regards
Eugen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back