Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens S7-200 edit program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshsurfer

Electrical
Jul 30, 2003
AR
Hi, I would like to know how can I get the software to edit a s7-200 siemens code program, I have to open a code for a dedicated plc system, and them add it on a s7-300 dcs supervisory system, I know that is more easy to get the functional documentation of this machine and add all my I/o points into the main logic, but don´t have it. I have just only the code of the dedicated plc

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume that you are after Siemens Step7 Microwin, the software for programming S7200's? You will also need the PC/PPI cable to connect to the S7200, you cannot 'roll your own' cable, they contain a converter, you will need to buy one, you will also need to buy the microwin software. Speak to your local Siemens rep for more advice.

Sorry I can't help you anymore than that.

Paul

There are 10 types of people in this world....
Those that understand binary and those that don't!

I´d like only to see the code, I mean I want to see the logic that command all the i/o points, I don´t know if it´s possible this is the first time that I have to work with S7 siemens series, I was thinking, if I find a way to open the plc files just only to see the text, I´m going to be able to do this same logics on a S7 300 code. I allready have all the screens and the plc files on a floppy disk, so I want to open this plc files to see the logics and then translate this to a logic diagram its doesn´t matter if I can only open this files in a text mode. I really don´t know if it´s possible, can you clear this?

I understand what you are after now, I don't think you are able to open the files via a text editor, only with the correct software.

If it will help you out, you could email me the program files and I can open them using microwin, then 'print' them to a PDF file for you.

The choice is yours.

Paul

There are 10 types of people in this world....
Those that understand binary and those that don't!

I have a question that is similar to this thread. I have a piece of equipment bought from overseas that was programmed with Simens S-300 Step 7. I want to be able to view the ladder logic of the program. When I downloaded S7 on a separate machine and tried to open up the program, I can't see ladder logic. It seems that there was graph used on it. How do I view? I have never used S7 so the multitude of folders for this program confuse me too.

The best way to look at any PLC program is to have the development environment. Step 7 PLC files are contained in a directory with several subfolders and files. You have to have the development environment to see the files. In addition to this, it is always best to have the PLC program on a disk from the supplier of your equipment. This is the only way you will be able to see comments for the program. If you browse the online code it will only contain the variable address without any variable descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back