Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens S7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk2000

Mechanical
Nov 5, 2001
AU
I am interested in learning siemens PLC programming. Is there any one that can point me to the right direction in terms of programmers and some basic hardware in order for me to start.

thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi MK2000,

I don't know from were you are but here in Belgium Siemens offers a Starterkit. This starterkit contains a PLC (S7-300) With 1 digital inputcard, 1 digital outputcard and 1 analog input/ouputcard.
It's been several years since I bought that kit so I don't know if it's still available.
You can install the S7 programming software without a licence, so you don't have to buy it. The only negative point about this is that every time you switch menu's you get a message 'looking for authorisation'. But to start learning it shouldn't be a problem.
Another feature is the PLCSIM software. With this software you can simulate any S7-300/400 plc and test your software. It behaves just like a plc.

Hope this help's

Rudi

Hi:

I just talk a little bit about my experience of learning S5 or S7, s5 and s7 is almost same in programming, but one is base on dos, another is base on window.anyway they have the same programming style.

for s7,when you install the software, one electronics book will come with you,there are some example in there.

below is my suggustion:
1,hardware configuration
2,make clear the relations between the OB,PB,DB
3,PB block must go with DB block
4,you can get the DB block by automatically or manually
5,when you do your program , how to open a DB block is important

I will be happy if you get a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back