Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Siemens Simantic S7-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engtrainer

Electrical
Nov 19, 2003
GB
Is there any way that the power supply module can be monitored for increase in current consumption, proir to a cabling failure. this would be due to cable routing in outside conditions. I have evidence that moisture is finding its way into the Nodes and destroying the cable interface with the node.

I also need some advice on how to introduce a text message display to notify a fitter of a node failure, Any adive on how this could be done would be extremly helpful.

Cheers.

Dave Brough
Eng.Tech. MIIE(elec)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know of any specific internal function in the S7-200 that would work for you.

It would take a little design or trial and error work but you could design a shunt (if it's a DC fed power supply) that yields a low current (something in the 5-8mA range) at normal power supply load. Put the shunt in series with the incoming DC power lead and feed both sides of it to an AI. You would then have an analog representation of the PS load.

Alternatively, if the PS is fed by AC power, you might want to look into a small AC current transmitter to do the same thing. Either way, getting the PS load to be represented by an analog signal is a good way to monitor PS load.

The TD should be easy to configure once you figure out how to make the PS load an analog signal. Just trip a bit corresponding to a message in the TD.

I'll be interested to see if you can do what you want to do (monitor cable condition). Is the cable a Comm cable? or a signal cable?

you can you PS with comunication interface, like RS 232c, RS 422 or something like that.

That kind os PS you can get all information you need.

Best regards

Paulo Afonso

I have a question about mating a Siemens OP3 with an S7-216.
Right now I have the 216 operating a home solar heating system. I programmed it with MicroWin 3.2, I have a couple of OP3's & Protool Pro. I have been able to program the SCREENS I want(4 analog temperatures & status), but am unable to get the PLC to send the analog values OR status bits to the OP3.I use port 0 for the programming & want to use port 1 for the HMI.
Do I have to write a communications routine in the PLC to accomplish this?? The books aren't much help & so far I'm lost.Just a bit of experience would Help please. tnx Harold

Please send a email with your address, i will send to you a example of a S7-216 connect to OP3.

You will need a RS232 cable like reference SIEMENS C79451-A3437-B122, (DB 9 FEMELE AND RJ-45).

My address is paulo.afonso@einaus.pt

Paulo Afonso
Integration expert
EINAUS Eng, Lda
Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back