Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIEMENS STEP5 V6.6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

graann

Electrical
Sep 4, 2002
GB
THIS IS THE VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE I HAVE.I HAVE A SIEMENS SIMATIC S5 100U PLC(103 CPU)TO PRACTICE ON.IS IT WORTH ME SPENDING A LOT OF TIME LEARNING TO USE THIS SOFTWARE IF I INTEND TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH SIEMENS?WILL IT ALSO BE OF BENEFIT TO ME WHEN USING THE LATEST SOFTWARE(INCIDENTALLY WHAT IS THE LATEST STEP5 SOFTWARE?)I REALISE THERE IS NOW STEP 7 WHICH I ALSO HAVE.HOW SIMILAR ARE THEY?
I HAVE DONE NO PROGRAMMING FOR A YEAR OR SO NOW AND WISH TO GET RE AQUAINTED.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It worth to try with STEP 7, in my opinion. It has more features, it's an improved phylosophy and more important, you can programm the latest CPUs from SIMATIC.

If your desire is to freshen up then go for it. Don't let the software keep you from it. The basic functions are there for most plc's. And if you have any questions just ask. Someone will be able to help. Good luck
Steve

The old s-5's are way out of date (almost 30 years) I would pick up on one of the NEW 10 point micros from Allen-Bradley that comes with free software in an intro kit for abt $175. I have an old s5 that needs a new cpu if you would like to get rid of yours and use the proceeds to upgrade to something more current. Please send any reply to davidvinch@lycos.com
Regards,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back