Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Siemens UG NX 11 Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistromel97

Computer
Oct 27, 2020
AU
Recently I've seen alot of jobs in my area that require the use of this software. For those of you that use it in your job everyday, where can Iearn to use it? It seems like it's a very desirable skill and the jobs have excellent pay with experience of course and i was thinking this would probably be a valuable skill to add to my resume. I currently have Autocad, C3D, Some revit (2015) and i have used Solidworks in the past but that was a long time ago.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Start with YouTube, there are several NX videos on there. The previous CAD experience does help.
What general area do you live in ?
Don't be too focused on learning a specific version. If there are differences between what you learned and the version the company has you can usually easy figure out their way.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

If you're in the Bay Area/Silicon Gulch, Design Visionaries < is really good at bringing people up from zero to functional. They also have some books available.

Much depends on the kind of work. If you're doing basic sheet metal, you can probably adapt quickly. If you're looking at consumer electronics with heavy surfacing, "some SolidWorks" won't be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back