Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sight glass DN200 from CTP company

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremesti

Civil/Environmental
Apr 12, 2010
GB
I have a cracked sight glass on one of the backwash waste lines in my sand filtration plant. I need a replacement. Our equipment specification lists it as:

CTP company product 360505

any idea which company this might be?

i cannot for the life of me find it online...

I am attaching a photo.

Best regards

rami

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The sight glass is a component that was probably fabricated by the manufacturer of the filter system. Have you contacted the filter system manufacturer?

If you are discharging into a sump, you do not need the sight glass. In that case, install a pipe spool in place of the sight glass.

Steve it is Plastic. Bimr I have already contacted Christ Water the subcontractor for the filtration plant but there is no answer from them (they were bought out by GLV). Are there plastic transparent pipe spools??

Best regards

rami

Rami;
6 and 8-inch Sched. 40 clear PVC pipe is available in the US. My Pittsburgh supplier stocks it. The photo seems to show a length of pipe with a Van Stone style flange (2-piece) glued on to each end. I have made many of these and some smaller. When fabricating, be careful not to get any glue or primer on the viewing surface. With the Van Stone flanges, hole alignment is not important.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back