Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signal 11 error when attempting multiple restarts of a co-simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieljgalles

Mechanical
Aug 20, 2014
US
I need to use co-simulation in ABAQUS to solve my problem. Additionally, my simulation contains many (approximately 200) steps. Since co-simulation can only be used in a single step, I'm using the restart option to restart the simulation at the beginning of each step. When I began my third restart simulation, I received an signal 11 error. This seems strange because the initial simulation and the first two restart simulations worked fine. The only thing I'm changing during each step is the temperature field, so all steps are essentially the same (just different temperature values). I initially thought that maybe my temperature file was corrupt, so I tried other temperature files, but I keep getting the same error. I'm using ABAQUS 6-12.1. I'm running the simulation over multiple processors, but I continue to get the same error if I try running with a single processor. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,
Daniel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've had issues with the signal 11 error when trying to use unsupported fields for the region (ie, TEMP gives error but NT does not, or HFL errors out but CFL does not).

That could be my problem - I'm importing temperatures from another software package. I could try to import the temperatures from a previous ABAQUS simulation. Thanks!

Hi,
I am new here.

I am running an fsi co-simulation in abaqus. But I dont know how to restart one using command line option.
If it were a normal analysis, one could reference the old and new job in the command. For an fsi, there are two odbs. How do we go about writing the command to restart the co-simulation.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back