Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Signing NXOpen application.

Befuddled

Aerospace
Jan 9, 2008
GB
Hi all,

Firstly I am not a formal code author (enthusiastic amateur), so please be gentle!!!

I have been creating snippets of code via NX Journals for several years (mostly to perform repetitive tasks in NX).

Recently I have started to compile my code into dll's as i think its a bit more professional as I have been asked to share some of my snippets, and I now have the situation that I need to call one snippet from another and I think it only works if the journal is compiled?. To do this compiling, I don't have VB studio, so do it a long hand way via the command prompt:-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\vbc /libpath:"C:\Program Files\NX\1973\NXBIN\managed" /t:library /r:NXOpen.dll /r:NXOpen.Utilities.dll /r:NXOpen.UF.dll /r:NXOpenUI.dll MY_VB_CODE_HERE.vb

This has worked fine (noting my install of NX is not in the usual installed location!!!).

I have written a new bit of code, which calls a child dll (this seems to work) but when I look at the syslog I can see the log has an entry about:-
verifying for NXOpen signature, and that the it has failed verification 'NXOpen.Utilities.MissingResourceException: Assembly has not been compiled with an NX resource bundle' NXOpen.Utilities.NeedDOTNETAuthorLicenseException: Invalid NX signature found

Noting that I don't really know what a signature is (a simple explanation would be welcome please), I have bluffed my way to the 'signDotNet.exe' utility. When I run this I get this error:-
Checking for the presence of DotNet Author License
Problem found with NX resource in assembly C:\temp\child.dll
Assembly has not been compiled with an NX resource bundle

I am a little confused as the code is certainly running and doing what I expect (to test it I get the called dll to display a msgbox 'hello world').

Any ideas what I am getting wrong?

Thanks in advance...

B

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When your NXOpen programs grow out of the simple Journal files, Siemens wants you to have the Authoring license to be able to sign your dlls, so that other people can use them.

For .net applications, you need to add the NXOpen Signing Resource thingy (UGOPEN\NXSigningResource.res) to your project, so that the signing tool can do its thing.

If you have access to NXOpen documentation, Programmer's Guide specifically, you might want to check out its Licence Checking section, it describes this whole process in detail.

Back