Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple rotordynamic analysis software

Status
Not open for further replies.

geesamand

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2006
US
We produce rotating equipment where the majority of the machine is overhung and unsupported. Steel and stainless steel, rotating on roller bearings. Our industry standard practice is to calculate first lateral and keep operating speed at 75% or less. Also practice is to mount this equipment on a significantly rigid base. Everything else occurs at higher frequencies and does not excite. We will continue to base our designs on this method, always.

However we have customers who want a full-blown rotordynamic analysis. "Dry" and "Wet", 1st, 2nd, 3rd, torsionals included, etc. It's an immense waste of our time because the extra data is useless but these customers are slaves to their specs and just don't understand. So I want a software where I can enter all of the data or 3D model in one place and output a full report that will check this box. It needs to be easy to use.

Advice please.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have this product, but it sure looks like what you need:
Dyrobes is a complete rotordynamics software tool that is powerful and versatile, yet easy to learn. Developed for the working engineer, Dyrobes offers complete rotordynamic analysis, vibration analysis, bearing performance and balancing calculations based in Finite Element Analysis. The software combines an intuitive Windows-based interface with sophisticated modeling and analysis capabilities that can satisfy the most demanding industry requirements.

From <
Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back