Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple static lifting task 3-4 meters, 50-75kg, low cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karelappel

Computer
Apr 17, 2006
NL
Hi,

For domestic use I am looking for a simple lifting device, where cost is important.

The use will be in a house where the kitchen is on the second floor, the owner has trouble carrying things up and down stairs. The house has an open space (indoors) ,the height of the two stories, where I would like to place the lifting device possibly against the wall.

So far I have found expensive solutions: a small goods 'restaurant' elevator, delivered with column, usually used for lifting full plates etc.
Or fork lift trucks, to big for in the house

Ideally I would like to place some kind of rail/profile against the wall, with a horizontal plateau that can move up and down. The lift height is 3 to 4 meters, the load about 50 kg, could be 75 to be sure. Electrically driven.

I found several high tech great goods movement systems, but designed for loads of 1500kgs, or for positioning at mm precision, all too expensive.

I think there should be an affordable solution, I hope anyone here knows it?

Thanks in advance!

Karel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is your budget?

We have a lot of used equipment that can be adapted.

All cost effective if we are helping handicapped or elderly.

Send me an Email if you have a proposed design, and we can see what we have. We can also build anything you want.

Charlie

Thanks for your replies. I looked into the Rollon Uniline solution, and it looks like this can be a great solution. But.. it is no longer needed. :-(

(The person I was helping was still in negotiation about the house and wanted to take a rough estimate of the cost of the lifting device into the financial picture, but the house was taken by a third party.)

I had an estimate from Rollon, and was looking into the motors. I'm disappointed I can't build it now, but I'm keeping the adresses, it seems a solution for many things.

thanks!

Karel

Hi Gunnar,

Karel Appel was in the Cobra group, he was born in 1921, and I just happen to like his paintings. I thought of him when the handle 'karel' turned out to be already taken.

I'm afraid I'm getting a bit off topic here..

Karel

Ok here's a quick solution get an electric garage door opener and have a shelf made to fit were the door assemble should be placed. The nice thing about this is it's controled remotely. mount the track vertically and away you go. Hope this helps Dino40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back