Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple tuned two stroke exhaust pipe article 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
you sound like the person i need to talk to. i race chainsaws for a hobby,but im needing some help on a pipe. i need to find a place that can roll the cones.also i would like to talk to you about some tech specs concerning pipes. i have the measurements for a pipe that is doing well but im always open for suggestions. ive been racing for about 20 years, but saws are getting faster. hope t
o hear from you soon.popwarlick

Popwarlick,

Here is a sheet metal shop that has been making custom cones for 2 stroke expansion chambers for at least 30 years:

Aircone Inc. 240 Elliott Rd Henderson, NV 89015-4134 Phone: (702) 566-1077

thanks for the help. ill call and see what i can come up with. anyone that wants to help with any ideas feel free to post.ill be glad to post specs on my motors. been wanting to try some different things on porting.its just like nascar our racing is getting down to the hundredths of a second.
hope to hear from yall
popwarlick

i tried to contac aircone and so far all i got was a recording saying the phone was out of order. do you know another number or email,fax,etc. iwent to the website you told me about, they have got some interesting products. kind of spendy, but you have got to pay to play.
popwarlick

No, sorry I worked for Aircone about 30 years ago until they moved to Nevada and haven't had any contact since. Seeing your post, I did a Google search and just past on what I found. It's too bad if they've gone belly up, they specialized in one-off sets of cones.

if anyone is interested i recently came across a Atlas shaper and Atlas mill,(modelMFB).both are in perfect shape. the mill has 2 rotary tables,dividing head,mill and slot cutters(flat,radius,dovetail)all shapes and sizes. several other tooling components also. both units have original swivel vises.anyone interested, ill be glad to send pictures.
also the mill has power feed.

popwarlick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back