Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulation Design Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorley

Marine/Ocean
Mar 31, 2011
US
Hello,

I am having trouble defining stress/displacement plots using the design study feature of SIM 2010.

The problem I am working on involves 10 different load cases applied to the same locations on the model. I am using variables for the x,y,z components of these loads (which vary from load case to load case).

It seems I must define a sensor to be able to plot stress, displacement, strain etc. for the different load cases (scenarios).

For some reason when I define a sensor for displacements (x,y,z) the plot lists the resulstant displacement. The same problem occurs when I attempt to plot stressess (membrane, bending, x, y, z) I only am able to view the von Mises stressess.

Thanks ahead of time for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Also,

Is there a way to rename your sensors? For example 'Displacement 5' would be much easier to understand if it read 'Displacement - X direction'.

Can you rename Scenarios? For example 'Scenario 1' would be much easier to understand if it read 'Load Case 1' or something of value to the user. Can you delete a Scenario? I know you can uncheck the box to have prevent the scenario from running but I do not know if you can delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back