Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simulation memory required

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgianluca

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2017
IT
Hi,
i'm simulating a huge model-
During the simulation appears this error:
"There is not enough memory for the Distributed Sparse Matrix Solver to proceed using the out-of-core memory model. The total memory required by all processes = 165458 MB. The total physical memory that is available on the system = 19454 MB. Please decrease the model size,or run this model on another system with more physical memory".
I can't understand why there isn't enough space considering that my Windows page file is 200 GB size.
Could you help me please?
Thanks in advance!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you post a picture of virtual memory settings in Windows. On which drive are the Ansys files
that you are trying to solve?

Dear L_K,
thanks for your help, you are a nice guy!!.
I have 2 hard disk (C and E unit)
The total page file size is 80 GB + 90 GB (see the images).
the RAM SYSTEM MEMORY IS 20 gb.
The program is intalled on C unit although the directory file is on E unit.
page_file_fqucqz.png

error_message_xw2asa.png

I haven't ran into same error message as you. But the message itself is very clear:
your system does not have enough physical, not virtual, memory to run your model, even in out-of-core mode.

One thing you could try is to use iterative solver instead. Although there might be something in your model
which forces direct solver. In that case you should, as the message says, either decrease model size or
get more physical memory.

Edit: try closing other programs while you solve your model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back