Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulation Programs in the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbus

Petroleum
Oct 18, 1999
Are ther any sites where one can get "free" simulation programs or be able to use? I'm currently unemployed and miss "playing with Provision and Hysis; are there others that I can learn/practice while I search for a job?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello there Airbus!<br>
<br>
One probable process modeling software that you can download is ASCEND -- a flexible modeling environment for hard engineering and science problems. It is a free software from Carnegie Mellon University. Here is the URL:<br>
<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"><br>
However, may I remind you that the software is basically for modeling, but with increased expertise you can use it for simulation. Don't forget to download the help files.<br>
<br>
For more information, you are cordially invited to visit <br>
the Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering HomePage<br>
(see URL below).<br>
<br>
Good luck!<br>
<br>
Sincerely,<br>
<br>
Allan S. Hugo<br>
Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new">To subscribe: <A HREF="mailto:che-comp-subscribe@egroups.com">che-comp-subscribe@egroups.com</A><br>

Hello Airbus,

You can also go to and choose software on the navigation bar. Choose the Free Mach II Reader and Regression Tool to learn relief system design and documentaion to meet OSHA 1910.119. The Reader allows you to view, print, export, and analyze over 200 DIERS benchmarks examples for single-phase and two-phase relief system design. You can become an expert in a very short period of time because the Mach II is very user-friendly and intuitive. The User Manual is also a good training manual.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back