Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulation statique de la structure d'une voiture du train

Status
Not open for further replies.

zouggari

Mechanical
Apr 12, 2021
FR
Bonjour tout le monde,

J’aimerai solliciter votre aide car j’ai besoin de faire un calcul statique d’une cabine (voiture) du train.
La cabine est composée de plusieurs matériaux et je me demande si je peux faire ce calcul sur CATIA.
Le plancher de la cabine est composé de deux couches de matériaux : une couche en alliage d’aluminium et une couche en matériaux composites à matrice thermodurcissable renforcée de fibre de verre, les deux couches sont en sandwich (une couche posée sur l’autre)
Le plafond et les parois de la cabine sont composées de deux couche en sandwich : une couche extérieure en fibre de carbone, et une couche intérieure en matériau composite à matrice thermodurcissable renforcée de fibre de verre.
Ma question est ce que je peux faire ce calcul sur catia ou j’ai besoin d’un autre logiciel ?
Si c’est faisable sur Catia, dans quel module de catia je peux le faire ? et comment ?
Je vous remercie d’avance pour votre aide.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Google translate from French gives:
zouggari said:
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask for your help as I need to do a static calculation of a cabin (car) of the train.
The cabin is made of several materials and I wonder if I can do this calculation on CATIA.
The cabin floor is made up of two layers of materials: one layer of aluminum alloy and one layer of composite materials with a thermosetting matrix reinforced with glass fiber, the two layers are sandwiched (one layer placed on top of the other)
The cabin ceiling and walls are composed of two sandwich layers: an outer layer of carbon fiber, and an inner layer of composite material with thermosetting matrix reinforced with glass fiber.
My question is can I do this calculation on catia or do I need other software?
If it is possible on Catia, in which catia module can I do it? and how ?
Thank you in advance for your help.

My opinion is that you should repost this in the Catia forum. From what I know of Catia as of some 20 years ago, it did not have built-in FEA that would allow a "static calculation" which I assume means a static stress/deflection analysis. The addition of complex non-orthotropic materials (composites) makes it even more likely that any stress analysis package included in Catia today would struggle to give you meaningful information. I would be looking for a way to export the Catia model to a dedicated analysis package like Ansys, Abaqus, or Comsol...you might post the question in the FEA forum or one of the FEA-program specific forums depending on what solvers are available to you.

I'd suggest not attaching to floor panel, but rather to seat tracks.

Google translate ...
Je suggère de ne pas s’attacher au panneau de plancher, mais plutôt de s’asseoir pistes.

As I re-read, this for for a train ...
I know CATIA does have stress modelling capability, but I would not use it.
I think you need to do a hand calculation, for the load applied and the strength of the materials.

Je sais que CATIA a une capacité de modélisation du stress, mais je ne l’utiliserais pas.
Je pense que vous devez faire un calcul manuel, pour la charge appliquée et la force des matériaux.

Isn't the internet wonderful !
Internet n’est-il pas merveilleux !

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back