Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Simulation without DMU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicmurali

Automotive
Jul 23, 2002
US
I have a simple hinge assy with 2 hinges constrained in assembly module. One hinge plate is "fixed" and other one is constrained with "Angle" constrained. I want to know is there a way I can capture the angle change in a movie file and can I deduct the clash for this hinge assy. I do not have a DMU or kinematics package to simulate this as mechanism design. Any suggestion highly appriciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven't used it for a while, so this might be wrong, but I think I remember you can use the free-move toolbar, (for instance, choose rotate about an axis for your hinge motion) and turn on "with respect to constraints" and you should be able to drag your assembly thru the range of motion. If you turn on "stop on collision" or something similar, it should stop and highlight the two bodies that collide. Unfortunately, I don't remember that CATIA would tell you WHERE they collide, just that they do.

magicmurali,

I suggest to delete this angle constrain and then use 3D compass on selected part in the assy.Pressed shift button will allow you to move parts only with respect to constrains. To make movie just use - Tools/Image/Video.

I hope it will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back