Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sine filter for PWM inverter output 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skogsgurra

Electrical
Mar 31, 2003
SE
Does anyone have access to design rules for sine filters for PWM outputs? Or - almost equally good - typical values for L and C versus U, P and f-max? Topology and voltage drop at rated load and frequency also appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

jB,

If I ask the question in a manner "approved" by you. Will you give me the desired answer then? Or what are you aiming at?

Hi scogsgurra, the problem is that you won't provide any specs. You can't design a generic filter. It's really quite easy anyway, just decide on a corner frequency and work out the LC values.

Comment on skogsgurra (Electrical) Jan 14, 2004 marked ///\\If I ask the question in a manner "approved" by you. Will you give me the desired answer then? Or what are you aiming at?
///I just asked for clarifications of a rather different terminology from industry standards, dictionary, and manufacturing expressions that the original posting included, e.g. design rules, "sine filter", etc.
I provided references, e.g. Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers that was unfortunately removed from this thread. Elementary filter design and numerous filter design software include a design of a filter that passes a single frequency waveform, e.g. 60Hz, in ideal case. In practice, there will be the product tolerances, interface parameters, ranges, physical dimensions, environmental qualifications, etc.\\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back