Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Phase AC Motor Variable Speed Control(Drive) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball

Industrial
May 26, 1999
US
Is there a manufacturer who makes a Variable Speed Drive for a 1 HP, 230 volt Single Phase Motor?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't know the manufacturer, but the Grainger catalog list several small VFD's for power tool control.<br>
<br>
Good luck!<br>
<br>
DeWayne

there are alots of supplier of variable speed drive for 0,75kW single phase such as siemens, telemecanique, group schineder (schineder electric)<br>
<br>
if you specialize your recuirment, it is possible to provide more information to you.<br>

as others have suggested. you can use a 180 Volt DC MOTOR and use a variable power supply all this to run off a 240 VAC 50 or 60 HZ. .. The standard AC motors need to run at the same frequency as to current limit the motor thru the inductance of the motor windings. As frequency goes up torque falls off, as frequency drops. motor current goes up !!!..

Not to be a jerk ohmboy13.....the AB161 drive can use single or three phase inputs, but still requires a 230 vac three phase induction motor for the output.

This guy was looking for something to run a single-phase motor.

Carl

Sorry about that, better pay closer attention to question.

here is some list and i recently installed one and made some comparison..

leeson,230v/1p, 230v/3p leeson is the brand but manufactured by AC tech...which i learned later on...

telemecanique, 230v/1p;230v/3p out..good and cheaper drive

allen bradley has one..

what i decided to use is a YASKAWA (MAGNETEK)... it is a 230v/3p in and 230v/3p out....i was told that i am actually using a 2hp drive with 230v in, single phase..and 230v/3p out..

we used a lot of test format on these drives and only Yaskawa passed with flying colors...we are going to use at least 20 to 25 of these on the floor before the end of this
year..

more money though..

dydt

i think i missed the question too...my apology..

dydt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back