Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site machinery monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinBEng

Electrical
Mar 31, 2003
HT
Hello all,

I am looking for information on companies that offer server based site machinery monitoring, from PLC's to power meters, compressors, vacumns etc.

Thanks
MartinBEng

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello MartinBEng

There are numerous Companies that offer such services.
Or I should say,claim to provide all of those services mentioned.
It might help if you indicate a particular area of a Country.

GusD

Hi GusD,

I maybe didn't phrase my question correctly. I'm looking for software that can monitor all equipment in my factory, I will provide a seperate server for the database. I'm working in Haiti (carribean).

Thanks
MartinBEng

Does your site have a central Distributive Control System (DCS) or use PLC's? Wonderware is the largest selling Human Machine Interface software with several thousand drivers to communicate with about any type of controller, transmitter, PLC or PC. All data could easily be displayed for operations to make decisions off this platform.

We utilized distributed, modular, transmitter based systems, use Networks such as MODBUS,Ethernet TCP/IP and or wireless RF, or satelite, to get data back to a central location. Can then be viewed via Intranet or Internet, etc.

Thanks dgallagher

Our site doesn't have a central control system, but 3 major areas, one of which is totally controlled by PLC's.
I'll look into Wonderware.

MartinBEng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back