Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

skeleton models

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman351

Mechanical
Dec 14, 2001
US
I'm creating a skeleton model using an assembly. How do I multiple pick different solids in that assembly, for using in my skeleton model? Let me know if you need more info, I'll try to supply what I know ;)

Thanks!
Pat

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sandman,

I don't know if I well understood your question, but you want to copy the existing geometry from differents parts of your assembly into your skeleton model?

If yes, from your assemby, select MODIFY->MOD SKEL->select your skeleton, then FEATURE->CREATE->GEOMETRY->COPYGEOM then from COPY GEOMETRY WINDOW select SURFACE REFS->DEFINE->INCLUDE->SOLID SURF and pick the part you want to copy. You cannot select multiple parts.

But you can make an workaroud using merge procedure. In merge you can combine several parts together. Then use this part in your skeleton.

Or create a shrinkwrap.

-Hora

If you want to include surfaces form different models in your skeleton (it is actually the other way around, your skeleton should contain the geometry required to make subsequent models, anyways...) then you must create a different CopyGeom for each model that you want to select from.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back